National organizations that partner with the Elite Program to bring education to horsemen and women.
Please note: Clicking one of these links will open a new tab or window within your browser. Closing that tab or window will bring you back here.
- North American Racing Academy North American Racing Academy - the first horse-racing academy in the United States - at the Kentucky Horse Park, as well as famed racing tracks Churchill Downs in Louisville and Turfway Park in Florence. In partnership with KCTCS and the Kentucky Horse Park, the racing academy will focus on providing training for jockeys and career pathways for individuals interested in working in all aspects of the horse racing industry. NARA is the brainchild of Hall of Fame jockey Chris McCarron, who has worked in tandem with KCTCS to develop a curriculum for the program.
- Klein Family Learning Center Klein Family Learning Center provides educational services to the women and men who work with the horses in the barn area, or backstretch, of Churchill Downs and Trackside Louisville. The Learning Center currently offers English-as-a-Second-Language (ESL), Spanish, art, quilting, citizenship, computer and equine care courses as well as provides, with the help of volunteers, one-on-one ESL tutoring and opportunities for conversing in English.
- Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation TRF is a place of hope and renewal. It is a place for Thoroughbreds to go when their racing days are behind them, a place where they will be safe, healthy and well cared for. It is a place that offers a humane alternative to the dire possibilities that have long faced a great majority of ex-racers - neglect, abuse and slaughter. It is a place, built on love and caring, that is befitting such noble and deserving animals.
- National Thoroughbred Racing Association
- American Quarter Horse Association
- National Horsemen's Benevolent Protective Association The National HBPA is dedicated to protecting the rights and providing assistance to racehorse owners & trainers.